One Mill School's Money Intensive
Cultivate clarity and peace in your business finances, set up strong and simple money rhythms in 2023, and get all your ducks in a row for 2022 taxes. We'll meet 2/9, 2/13, and 2/15 2023 at 1pm - 2pm ET via video call. Read on for details about what's covered, what to expect, and reviews from participants. Or click here to sign up now.
What it is
What's different about this Intensive:
- You’ll leave with real changes in your business.
Rather than teaching you things that you THEN need to go do yourself, we're going to actually DO the things together so that you leave with concrete, effective, important things implemented in your business.
- We’ll do it together.
Rather than a course that you do on your own, we're going to work through most elements of the Intensive together, in real time.
- You’ll be both an expert and a learner.
Rather than having all the content come from an expert, the series will help you access your own insights, offer crucial contributions to your peers, benefit from the expertise in the group, as well as gain specific knowledge and expertise from your guides.
What you'll get:
- Dedicated time to do your 2022 bookkeeping in a stress-free way.
- One-on-one help (free with the course!) with a Certified Public Accountant.
- Clarity on what’s profitable in your business, what to cut, and where to focus.
- Strong, simple financial rhythms to support the rest of your work.
- A plan for taxes and reporting to stay safe with the IRS.
- Financial goals, a plan/budget, and confidence you can actually get there.
- Inspiration and help with cutting expenses and getting more money in the door.
This is the perfect fit if you:
- Are uneasy you're managing your money wrong in ways that could backfire later.
- Dread doing your taxes and want a supportive community to get them done smoothly.
- Want to get smart with your money this year and support your passion with more profit.
- Have a system or two that is working with your money but are generally unclear about the financial "big picture" in your business or how to improve it.
- Don't want to spend bunches of time on money stuff but do want it done correctly.
All our Intensives have:
- Dedicated and protected time to make progress on things that matter for your growth.
- Community, inspiration, support, and connections with other inspiring business owners.
- New skills and tools to build on and use over and over into the future.
- A safe space to hear your own wisdom about your business and hear the wisdom of peers and mentors.
Your Team for This Intensive
Emily is One Mill School's founder and is an entrepreneur, consultant, and facilitator and Founder of Wholesale In a Box.
Barbara is a Certified Public Accountant and a seasoned bookkeeping pro, with a practical, demystifying approach to money.
What other small business owners say:
I really like the layout/style of the intensive. It forces you to work in a short period. I have trouble making time over several months for a class (and keeping up the momentum), but for a shorter burst, I can do it.
These values govern everything we do -- from how we respond to our customers to how we hire and what projects we take on:
Integrity comes first.
Overcommunication is good communication.
People over process, profit, or product.
Strength comes from responding, adapting, experimenting, and doing a lot with a little.
We’re professionals -- internally and externally.
We bring our true selves to the work.
About One Mill School
One Mill School is guidance and community for people with small creative businesses.
We offer lots of free community training, plus Intensives on different topics twice a year. In addition to this offering, you can see what else is coming up right here.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at One Mill School
Our intention is that One Mill School be a vibrant, antiracist, equitable, diverse, inclusive place. The foundations of that vision are our intention, our inquiry within our own practices, and the education and training we prioritize. This is an open and ongoing exploration and right now, these are some of the active things we do to build towards this vision:
- Work with coaches (Project Deviate!) to guide our team's inquiry, conversation, and education around antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Donate to social justice organizations that resonate with the work we do and who we are.
- Convene Mentors with diverse voices, backgrounds, and experiences, and ensure that their contributions are fairly compensated.
- Advance economic accessibility to our programs with an open scholarship program for anyone who faces significant obstacles to their growth as a creative business owner. (More here.)
- Prioritize diversity and underrepresented groups in outreach to and engagement of new Members.
- Be active in making One Mill School's spaces brave and safe for every person who is part of them (including how people are spoken about and to.)