Looking Ahead at One Mill SchoolFeb 28, 2022
It’s been a wonderful few months here at One Mill School. I (Emily) was on maternity leave for December, January, and parts of February and I was so grateful for the leadership and hard work of Simone on our team and mentors Cindy and Sam for leading our live group calls while I took that time with my family. Baby Ezri is here and he’s great and there has been so much bliss. Also, as every parent knows, postpartum recovery is no joke, nor is integrating a baby into our life with a 3-year-old! We’re grateful and tired and inspired and focused and distracted and hopeful.
My first day back at work was a fantastic one. I was lucky enough to lead 15 people in our Clarity Workshop Intensive. We took a dedicated afternoon together, working through a process of visioning, expanding our thinking, collaborating, supporting one another, and getting concrete about work moving forward. That afternoon really confirmed and illuminated for me the value of our One Mill School Intensive format. We’re all so busy and there is so much STUFF to the running of a business. That in some ways, only taking dedicated time, together, live, can you really make progress on the foundational things that will make a real difference to your life and work. I’m excited about building on that format and growing the ways we do that.
We had two calls with our folks as well – one led by mentor Cindy Liebel on our favorite business tools and the other led by Sam Slater on hiring and getting help in your business. Sam and Cindy both embody such a growth mindset and are inspiring models of what it can mean to run sustainable handmade businesses – as well as intrepid forever-learners as part of our community.
We’re in the time of the quarter when we normally talk about what’s new and what’s next with One Mill School for the upcoming quarter. And after a lot of reflection, we decided to go on a brief hiatus with the One Mill School membership. We’re at a point where we’ve learned so much about what aspects of what we do are truly transformative. (Much of it is!) And we want to go deep into a design and educational process to expand those pieces (and cut anything that’s not at that level.) Rather than rushing to keep up with our own quarterly schedule, we want to let this process take the time it takes. We’re going to be spending the next couple of quarters in that exploration and creation process we can build on all of the fantastic things we’ve been doing over the past years and support you in even deeper and better ways
What this One Mill School membership hiatus means for you:
- If you are already a One Mill School member, we’ll pause your membership. You’ll have access to all of your existing courses and One Mill School spaces through March 31st, 2022. And we’ll email you once we’re back from our hiatus to confirm that you’d like to continue at that time.
- If you’re not yet a One Mill School member and already applied for this quarter, we’ll hang on to your application and circle back to you after the hiatus.
One special note for our members:
- If you’re a One Mill School member and would like a bit of extra time to wrap up your coursework, that’s no problem at all. Just reach out to us by March 31st with the courses that you’re working on finishing and we’ll make sure you can keep working on those through May 15th, 2022.
- Make sure you’re on our email list here for all of the One Mill School updates and to jump into the community.
- Let us know if you have any questions at all. We’re very available so don’t hesitate to send us an email and we’ll do our best to get right back to you.
Get tips and inspiration to grow your own way.
Get our weekly email with free training, inspiring case studies, and helpful resources.